Table of Contents
A good number of Americans suffer from unwanted growth of pimples on their faces. Managing pesky zits appearing time and again could be a daunting task.
Pimple patches have proved very effective in clearing pimples and acne. These patches are small size stickers placed on zits. They have proved to be very effective in removing pimple absorbing fluid inside pimples. The usual practice is too worn the patches overnight.
What are pimples?
Pimples appear when a large amount of sebum and dead skin cells clog the skin pores.
- Simple types of pimples appear when the skin-pore clogging is not intense.
- When the syndrome is in the aggravated form it can result in pustules or papules.
- Physicians prescribe various medicines for clearing pimples
The pimple patches are small size stickers for external use.
- These patches are smaller in size than a 10-cent coin.
- They are also known as zit patches and acne band-aids.
- Patches are film-coated and look like plasters.
- The stickers are adhesive.
Growing Demand for Pimple Patches
Demand for pimple patches has been increasing consistently over a couple of decades. Buyers have a huge number of brands to select from. The patches can be medicated or non-medicated. Some brands use only organic materials for designing them. Many others combine some synthetic components in their patches.
Pimple Patch Benefits
A question is why should people experiencing pimple growth use pimple patches? Some of the pronounced benefits of using them are as follows.
- Users can get rid of pimples at a faster rate;
- They absorb the oil or pus clogging the skin pores and dry them out.
- Dried skin helps in preventing bacteria growth.
- Patches cover the infected area of the body from harmful elements present in the atmosphere.
Do Pimple Patches Work?
Patches can work well when they match the skin type of the affected person. There is no such patch with universal applicability. Sometimes it becomes a matter of choice between WHAP and HAP. WHAP is the abbreviation for the herbal acne patches soluble in water.
HAP stands for hydrocolloid acne patches. It was found in a 2020 study that these patches can successfully clear pimples within 4-6 days. However, it was also found that the same types of patches do not work well for all.
Choosing the Perfect Patches
You can get the best outcome only when your selection is perfect. Therefore; you have to select and use the patches matching your needs. The following information will be required for choosing the right pimple patches.
- What is your skin type; an
- What is the type and intensity of pimples?
Determining the Type of Pimple
Before using the pimple patches it will be expedient to identify the pimple type of the affected person.
- People having classic pimples will have red bumps which are sore as well as inflamed;
- Hydrocolloid patches work best on classic pimples because the gelatin or pectin in these patches will absorb all fluids and pus;
Cystic pimples are also known as nodular pimples.
- Patients develop large, swollen, and painful red bumps;
- These pimples are coupled with under-skin infections; and
- The anti-inflammatory non-hydrocolloid patches work best for treating them.
Black and White Heads
Both blackheads and whiteheads are not infections. They are the results of simple clogging without inflammation. Using pimple patches is not mandatory though you can still fall back on blackhead patches for quick clearance.
Precautions in use of Pimple Patches
If you are hypersensitive to some ingredients used to manufacture the patches then it will be good avoiding them. Some of such ingredients are salicylic and hyaluronic acid, parabens, niacinamide, sulfate, and alcohol. Avoid patches with such components and select patches with organic ingredients only.
Best Pimple Patches
As the end-user, you would like to get the best pimple patches. It will ensure that your investments are worthwhile. Below is provided information about the top picks in the category.
1. Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch
This hydrocolloid patch became popular in Korea. Gradually its popularity increased in other countries including the USA. The patches can be used to heal the whitehead as well as for clearing popped zits. You will also find different sizes of the patches depending on the size of the patches you have.
2. Nexcare Acne Blemish Cover
This product is considered the best of the drugstore pimple patches. It has a huge number of followers putting it on the list of the top patches for acne and pimples. These patches have successfully cured most stubborn pimples.
3. Rael Acne Healing Patch
When in public or with others, these patches can be used inconspicuously in day times. The patches are ultra-thin and are also non-reflective. It is ideal if you are engaged in a corporate job. Many users found their pimples cured within hours of putting on the patches.
4. ZitSticka Killa
Most useful in dealing with underground pimples, these patches are designed with micro-darts. They are tiny needles made with hyaluronic and salicylic acids with the addition of niacinamide as well as the oligopeptide -76. The patches can penetrate deeper into the skin healing underground pimples.
5. Alba Botanica Acnedote Pimple Patches
A most popular among the pimple patches in the market, these patches are made using natural ingredients only. They are not hydrocolloid patches but are empowered with anti-bacteria components. Ingredients used to design these patches include tea plants, safflower oil, witch hazel, and salicylic acid.
6. Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Surface
Buyers looking to cure large pimples will find these patches ideal for their purpose. The patches can also be used as chest acne patches. The usual size for these large patches is 2×1 inches.
The bottom line of all the above discussions is that pimple patches can be very effective in treating pimples and acne. However, the patches should be perfect for the type of pimples you have. You also have to find out a trusted provider of qualitative patches for faster relief.